Transition at BDB
Welcome to year 7
As Head of Year 7, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the transition section of our website. Here you will find valuable information about our exceptional transition programme as well as key information about our Year 7 team and their roles.
Transition for our 2020-21 & 2021-22 cohort proved to be a challenging yet exciting time. We have had to find new and innovative ways to communicate with our feeder schools and parents/carers ahead of our students’ arrival in September.
Despite the difficulties we faced as a country and globally, we are incredibly proud of the transition programme we were able to offer to our students and it has been instrumental in our cohorts’ excelling at becoming part of the BDB Community.
Rising to the challenges that we were faced with, has without a doubt, enhanced our usual transition programme. Bishop David Brown’s CLICK values (Challenge, Learning Mind-set, Independence, Creativity and Kindness) were embraced throughout the transition phase, and will continue to enhance our transition programme for our 2021-22 students.
Our 2022-23 cohort will be receiving a wide range of information including:
- Bishop David Brown Induction Booklet
- Student Admission Booklet
- School Uniform and School Caterer Leaflets
- Home School Agreement outlining behaviour for learning expectations
- Welcome letters from the Head of School, Head of Year 7 and Year 7 form tutors
- Welcome letters and frequently asked transition questions and answers from our current Year 7 students
- Year 6 work packs providing a variety of challenges and tasks to complete
In the past, providing this information has helped put both students and parents/carers minds at ease for the transition into Year 7. Your child will start the new academic year prepared and with an effective Home-School relationship established; enabling all to excel.
We look forward to welcoming our new intake to the Bishop David Brown community and being part of their exciting journey to become exceptional.
Mr D Roberts,
Head of Year 7