It is our responsibility to listen to and represent the voice of the student community at Bishop David Brown School. We will endeavour to nurture an atmosphere of unity, respect and trust; ensuring we play our part in the school’s journey to becoming exceptional.
How it works:
|Student Voice Tutor Time||· Tutor Reps should lead a discussion based around the provided agenda points.
· Tutor Reps should minute the tutor group’s discussion to be able to take forward their points/concerns to the Tutor Rep meeting.
|Tutor Rep Meetings (all year groups)||· Student Council Reps should lead discussions based around the pre-agreed agenda, taking feedback from each form group.
· As a group they should decide the priorities moving forward and which points should be raised at the full Student Council Meeting.
|Student Council Meeting||· Solutions and resolutions to each agenda item should be proposed and discussed.
· The Council should come to an agreement about which key items should be taken forward to SLT the following week.
· The Council should agree on key/additional items for the next agenda to be sent to tutor groups.
|Senior Student Council Reps present to SLT||· The SCRs should present any key issues/ideas raised through the Student Council to the LT for discussion.
· Any actions made as a result of the Student Council will be announced in assemblies and posted to the Student Voice area on the school website.
House and Student Voice Meetings 2020-21
|Thursday 3rd September||HOH and House Captains||Set up events and plan for the year ahead .|
|Friday 4th September||AFC, JF, LT, NP & Student voice members||●Application forms to be devised
● ASH/HoH/House captains
● ASH/HoH/Out-going house captains
Devise interview process
|Monday 5th October||AFC & Student voice members||●Sub committee leads/senior sub committee members take charge
●Objectives for term/year outlined
|Thursday 5th November||AFC, JF, LT, NP & Student voice members||Sub committee leads and reps – plan for upcoming term|
|Thursday 3rd December||AFC & Student voice members||Sub committee leads and reps
●Sub committee members/House captains/Leads
|Thursday 7th January||AFC, JF, LT, NP & Student voice members||Sub committee leads and reps – plan for term ahead|
|Tuesday 23rd February||AFC & Student voice members||● Sub committee leads and reps
●ASH/HoH/House captains/Student Leadership Team
|Thursday 4th March||AFC, JF, LT, NP & Student voice members||●JFO/SBR to coordinate applications/set deadline
●Sub committees/Leads/House captains
|Tuesday 20th April||AFC & Student voice members||●ASH/HoH/House captains
● Sub committee leads and reps – reflect on term, set objectives for next term