As a College we are always keen to support students in their transition from Year 11 to College. This is all the more important in these unprecedented times. We have therefore developed substantial subject specific transition work for Year 11 students to complete over the coming weeks.
Each pack contains a range of differentiated learning tasks, some even lead to additional externally verified qualifications learners can achieve during this time. We anticipate that packs will take 3-4 weeks to complete fully to a high standard. Contact details for the Heads of Department are within each pack, should learners require any additional help or simply want to say hello!
All packs are available on this link:
We expect all students due to start College with us in September to complete the packs for their chosen subject and to bring this work to enrolment.
As we navigate through these uncertain times I wanted to make sure that you know that we are thinking of you. I understand that you must be feeling anxious about what the future holds, as well as a degree of disappointment for not being able to sit your exams that you have worked so hard for.
In order to keep focused on the future, we have collated some introductory teaching materials for all of our departments. These will give you a good introduction to our vocational areas and prepare you for further education in September. The resources will also support you in understanding the different levels of our qualifications and their requirements.
If you haven’t applied to us for a course in September don’t worry, we would still like to share our resources with you and hope that you enjoy the experience. If you would like to apply, please contact us on email@example.com
The content will be live on google classroom from Monday 27th April and will be divided into each week to help you navigate your way through the resources. Please work at your own pace, if you sign up late to this then you are still more than welcome to be involved.
In order to access the content:
● You will need to have a google account, if you have one already with your school you will be able to use this, if not then go to www.accounts.google.com and you will be able to create your own account. ● Once you have an account go to www.classroom.google.com and use your account to sign in.
● If it’s your first time using Google Classroom, select your Google account when prompted, click the blue CONTINUE button, and then follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
● Click the “+” symbol in the top right of the screen and select join new class and enter the relevant code on the next page for the class you want to join. Please feel free to join more than one class if you are unsure of the area you want to study.
● Navigate to the ‘classwork’ tab at the top of the class page, here you should find that work has been broken into set weeks for you to complete. If you have any problems please feel free to post on the class ‘stream’ or email one of the teachers, email addresses can be found in the contact details document at the top of the classwork page.
● Before you start your work I would ask that you complete the ‘about you’ form located at the top of the ‘classwork’ page, this will allow us to keep track of all the users.
Art & Design aztnp6z
Construction (Brickwork, Carpentry,
Electrical Installation) xu6h7fh
Creative Media olcln2d
Engineering (Aeronautical and
Forensic Science 3lb4uku
Hair & Beauty fbivdfm
Health & Social Care and Childcare wlkc7qf
Hospitality & Catering exvsjfv
Motor Vehicle & Motor Sport gcgtidm
Sport and Public Services mrygw4t
Travel & Tourism vye7pzx
If you are having any problems accessing the classrooms then our Assistant Principal, Simon Lovegrove, will be happy to help firstname.lastname@example.org
If you haven’t applied to study with us yet and wish to do so we are still currently accepting applications which can be completed online, go to https://www.brooklands.ac.uk for more information.
Jo Broad, School Liaison will also be happy to support you with advice and guidance should you be thinking of applying to us email@example.com
I wish you all the best for the future and look forward to meeting you in September.
Tel: 01932 797700 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org