As Head of Year 7, transition for this year’s year 6 students has proved to be a difficult yet exciting challenge. We have had to think of new and innovative ways to not only communicate with our feeder schools, but to deliver the brilliant transition programme we have become accustomed to at Bishop David Brown School.
We have worked incredibly hard to ensure that our transition programme and information sent to parents/carers allows our students not only a smooth transition from primary school but one which will enable all to excel when entering the BDB community. Soon our new cohort will be receiving a wide range of information such as:
· BDB Parent Information Booklet
· Information regarding the BDB “Learning Packs”
· Information regarding Parent Forum
· Student Admission Booklet
· Home School agreement outlining Behaviour for learning expectations
· Welcome letters from current Year 7 students
· Frequently asked questions about transition from one of our current year 7 students
· Welcome letters from our excellent tutor team
· Year 6 transition work packs including, providing a variety of different tasks and challenges
· Year 6 home learning sports day challenges “The lockdown games”
Not only will this help to put students and parents/carers mind at ease, but allow them to prepare and look forward to the new academic year with an effective, Home-School relationship already established.
We look forward to welcoming our new intake to our BDB community, with them joining us on our exciting journey to become Exceptional.
Head of Year 7