Bishop David Brown are very pleased to be working with the Brilliant Club Scholars Programme enabling some of our students the experience of university style teaching enhancing study, knowledge and capability skills.
The Scholars Programme
- It is a programme that places university researchers (PhD Tutors) in schools.
- The PhD tutors teach university-style tutorials to groups of six pupils. Many of these researchers are lecturers to students at university level, so it is a unique opportunity for your child to experience university-style teaching.
- Pupils visit two leading universities.
- At the end of the programme pupils complete a final assignment ranging from 1000 to 2,500 words, depending on their Key Stage.
Why has my child been selected to take part in the Scholars Programme?
Your child’s teachers have identified them as having the potential to make a successful application to one of the most selective universities. Although university may not be for everyone, The Scholars Programme aims to give children an experience of university learning to help them make an informed decision.
The Launch Trip
The Launch Trip will take place at the one of our partner universities and will involve:
- a tour
- a study skills session
- the chance to meet and ask questions of current students
- advice and guidance from the university
- the first tutorial with the pupils’ PhD Tutor There will be no charge associated with this trip